Dorset Park Community Hub unites and strengthens diverse communities and partners by bringing everyone together under one roof. We promote access to a range of services that aims to achieve well-being for all.
Dorset Park’s diverse community is strong, compassionate and inclusive.
The HUB’s History & Purpose:
Now an emerging neighbourhood, the Dorset Park Community Hub was the fifth of eight community hubs in one of Toronto’s 13 priority neighbourhoods. Constructed in 2011 at 1911 Kennedy Road in Scarborough, it launched thanks to the lead agency Agincourt Community Services Association. The community hub is also supported by United Way Toronto, Citizenship and Immigration Canada and other various partners and donors.
The Dorset Park Community Hub provides a vital shared community space and offers various programs and services to the under-served Toronto neighbourhood. Residents and committees are meeting, working together and making change happen.
Compassion & Respect
– Every person has the right to be met with compassion and treated with respect
– Diversity enriches our community and we embrace different perspectives
– The hub is guided by the voices of our community, including local residents and community partners
– All people should have access to the resources and supports they need
– Services must be responsive to changing needs and priorities
– We are stronger when we are able to work collaboratively with one another.
– We are committed to supporting individual residents and emerging community groups to grow and develop
– We strive to achieve results that have a positive impact on our community